Art Where Wild Things Are
9th Annual Art Where Wild Things Are
Show dates at Sacramento Fine Arts Center, May 15-June 2
Spring Gala and Auction Tickets Here
Are you an Artist? RSVP Here
Best of Show: Sandy Whetstone "Leda and the Swan"
1st Place: Molly Keller "Foundling"
2nd Place: Rose Sloan "Egret and Friends"
3rd Place: "Katie Caulk "Morning Has Broken"
Merit Award: Bruce Leavitt "Passing Storm"
Merit Award: David Peterson "Effie Yeaw Nature Center"
Merit Award : Rita Sklar "Meditation on a Hibiscus'
Honorable Mention: Connie McLennan "Seahawk"
Honorable Mention: Lucille van Ommering "Last Rays on a Foggy Afternoon at Effie Yeaw"
Honorable Mention: Gail Parris "Marching Toms"
List of Accepted Art:
1. Marbo Barnard Vulture, Soft Pastel $500
2. Vicki Behringer High water on the American River Acrylic on canvas $888
3. Susan Bernard Webb Overflow at the Pond acrylic on canvas $400.
4. Abra Bragg Who Are We Acrylic paint on canvas $1100
5. Katie Caulk Morning Has Broken (Wakamatsu Farm, ARC) Linocut $249
6. Carol Clark Who's Yer Momma? Photography $175
7. Lessa Clayton Deer in Driftcreek Wilderness oil $600
8. James Collins My Urracas Photograph $325
9. Margot Comer Hare oils on stretched canvas $300
10. Lance Copeland Night Heron Oil on canvas $350
11. Velma Davidson Poppy Meadow oil on linen board $250
12. Susan Davis Splendor watercolor $160
13. Rudolf Davis II Spring's breath drop Oil $350
14. Barbara De Wein The Hive Tree lll Monotype $550
15. Rhonda Egan The Family oil on linen $450
16. Marilyn Gilbert Rainbow Bridge Oil on Linen Panel $300
17. Annette Heacox Skies fly Acrylic on canvas $450
18. Rebecca Jaggers Pacific Flyway watermedia $400
19. Alex James Getting Lost Metal Photograph $675
20. Joey Johnson Lone Tree Archival Injet Print $175
21. Joey Johnson Wood Duck on Watch Archival Injet Print $175
22. Robin Jones Looking West Photograph $275
23. Molly Keller Foundling Watercolor $300
24. Barbara Kempe Coldwater Creek Watercolor $200
25. Mary Therese Kobashigawa American River Rhythm acrylic $400
26. Bruce Leavitt Passing Storm Acrylic on Canvas $2000
27. Sandy Lindblad Suzie the wild pig pastel $575
28. M Marquette Trees of Stone Photograph $560
29. Michele McCormick Sunrise on the American River Parkway Digital Photograph $375
30. Michele McCormick Swan Symmetry Photograph $375
31. Cheryl Shawver McDonald Blooming Cardoon Watercolor $450
32. Connie McLennan Seahawk oil on canvas $850
33. Gary Mele Flicker One photograph $100
34. carol mott sacramento riverbank at dusk photograph $100
35. Lynn Neuman Exuberance acrylic on canvas $5000 ? No Show
36. Diane Pargament Along the American River Watercolor $235
37. gail parris Marching Toms photograph $325
38. gail parris Spring at Effie Yeaw photography $250
39. David Peterson Effie Yeaw Nature Center Watercolor $500
40. Helen Plenert Tree at Effie Yeaw Nature Center Acrylic on Canvas $1000
41. Susan Recely Effie Yeaw Nature Center watercolor $300
42. Donald Satterlee Paradise Photograph $500
43. Rita Sklar American Kestral watercolor on paper $1500
44. Rita Sklar Meditation on a Hibiscus watercolor on paper $1500
45. Rose Sloan Egret and friends paper $250
46. Rose Sloan Camping where the wild Things Are paper $250
47. Doug Smith Zepher Cove Watercolor $1,100
48. JUDY SMITH Winter Grey Monotype $600
49. Judy Sowa Hog Wash ceramic $400
50. Natasha Stanton Wolf in the Poppies Acrylic and ink on wood $850
51. Teresa Steinbach-Garcia Above the delta Ink, Watercolor and Pastel $650
52. Jeanette Morrow Seated jackrabbit on pedestal clay $600
53. Martha Ture Great Blue Heron With Trout Photograph $300
54. Lucille van Ommering A Break in the Storm $300
55. Lucille van Ommering Last Rays on a Foggy Afternoon at Effie Yeaw Photograph $300
56. Kristi Warren Day Lily Lark Watercolor $375
57. Sandy Whetstone Leda and the Swan Ceramic $795
58. Sandy Whetstone The View at Night silkscreen and cyanotype $145
59. Randy Won Garcia Bend mixed media $300
60. Bruce Young Raising Goslings Acrylic on paper $250
Staff Picks (Effie Yeaw Nature Center)
Questions? Corrections? Email David Peterson email@example.com
Originally called Painting Where the Wild Things Are, this juried art exhibit and auction was conceived in 2009 by Carol Doersch an SFAC member and an American River Natural History Association founding member, as an art based fundraiser for the Effie Yeaw Nature Center.
Ms. Doersch sought out David Peterson and others of the Sacramento Fine Arts Center for assistance in making her vision a reality. SFAC soon became a partner in the project. This Exhibit will be in our Galleries 1 and 2 May 15-June 2, 2018.
We are proud to announce the Show Chair for this exhibit is Helen Plenert.
The call to artists closed April 15th. The theme of the artwork requested is broad and creative interpretations of life
in our local natural world. All media was sought, including painting, sculpture, fiber and photography. 234 artworks were submitted.
The judges for this successful exhibit and fund raiser this year are Boyd Gavin, selection and Marcy Friedman, awards.
Artist's Reception May 17th at 5:30-8:30 pm. Awards will be presented. Live Piano by Larry, Refreshments.
At the close of the exhibit the art work is moved and installed at the Effie Yeaw Nature Center and sold at Live and Silent auctions at the Spring Gala June 9, 2018.
Sacramento Fine Arts Center, Inc.,
5330B Gibbons Drive, Carmichael, CA 95608
Hours Open: Tuesday 11 AM-7 PM; Wednesday through Friday, 11 AM-3 PM; Saturday and Sunday, 11 AM-5 PM.